Jumpstart your garden: How to plant seeds indoors
Time & Location
About The Event
Celebrate Earth Day and get a head start on your garden by starting your own seeds indoors!
Learn from Farmers Jordan Goldsmith & Melissa Denmark about seed starting tips, tricks, and techniques. Starting your own seeds is a great way to grow organic varieties you can’t find at most nurseries. Jordan & Melissa will talk about the differences between using soil blocks and plastic pots and will demonstrate a few techniques used by the pros that that most home gardeners don’t know!
In this class you will learn about:
- What supplies you will need and where to get them
- When to start your seeds dependent on the variety
- How to read a seed packet & choosing the right varieties
- Space-saving techniques for seed starting
- How to harden off transplants and tips for planting in the garden
- Take home a handout with seeding tips, suggested seeding & transplant dates, glossary of seed starting terms, and a list of suppliers that carry products we recommend.
$10 13 yrs and up (kids free with parent) call 401 274 1160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
About the teachers: Jordan & Melissa started Moonrose Farm in 2015 in Massachusetts on family property. Their small market garden grew into a bustling 3 acre farm when they moved to Hurricane Hill Farm (also home to cluck!) in 2017. Moonrose supplies 60 families weekly with vegetables and cut flowers in the Cranston area with their summer CSA and sells to many restaurants across the state of RI. Jordan & Melissa feel passionate about sharing the knowledge they have gained from the farmers they have worked for with other folks interested in growing their own food.